Sunday 29 May 2011

My Shoe Story

Doing some spring cleaning and decided to 'color code' the shoes.  Took photos of the shoes to easily access them from the shoe boxes from the outside.  As I took photographs, realized there were a lot of stories behind each pair.  Here are a just a few of them:

(1)  Sperry Topsider - When I was growing up, we were too poor to get this one then.  Recently, I started to notice boat shoes started making a comeback!!!  I can't believe it.  It's like reliving my high school :-)

First, I did not think it was such a nice idea but when all the big brands (including Zara, Gucci, see below) started launching them in their lines then I thought I they must be serious. 

But if I am going to get a boat shoe, it has to be THE boat shoe which is Sperry Topsider - this is the one I know when I was in high school which was the coolest shoe then.

Decided to get the pure, classic one!   This is from Zappos at US$ 60.  Great purchase,  hassle-free.  Highly recommended website.

Remember the rule when wearing them:  NO SOCKS!


(2)  Ralph Lauren Croc Sandals
- This one is interesting.  I ordered for a Ralph Lauren Canvas Sneakers online in their website.  When the shipment arrived this is what showed up!!!

(2)  Espadrilles - This is another high school story redux!!!  Trends in the 80's being revived now - unbelievable.  Of course this one was cheap then and also cheap now.  Had a cream colored one.  Opted for this one from Topshop at S$ 29.

But I still find it amusing that the shoes I used in high school are being reused again now...


(3)  Paul Smith - Always thought one needs to have at least 1 Paul Smith shoes in his shoe cabinet.  Got this from a Barneys Warehouse sale in New York at US$60!!!  Perfect sizing.  Great bargain.

 (4)  Prada Leather shoes - got this from the Prada outlet in Florence for just S$ 400 after VAT refund.  Great bargain if you get a chance to go to that store.  Sneakers can be as low as S$ 200!!! - sigh, why did I not get one??

(5)  Onitsuka Tiger - seems to be the choice of the 'young' generation so I still want to be 'in' so got this one when I purchased my Sperry from Zappos.

(6)  Abercrombie & Fitch slippers - my size of their slippers is small; always out of stock whenever I am in the States; guess where I found this?  at their outlet in Milan!!

(7)  Prada sneakers - My first Prada shoes bought for around HK$ 2,000  more than 5 years ago in HK I still wear them up to this day...

(8)  Gucci sneakers - My favorite among all my Gucci sneakers; also bought from HK

(9)  Gucci Leather loafers - A truly, classic, timeless, iconic leather shoes.  My go to shoes if I have any formal occasion to attend.  Bought years ago but never goes out of style.


(10)  Tod's Loafer Weekender - bought for around US$120 from Woodbury Commons NY; if I am in my khaki shorts for brunch or sunday movies with my kids then this is my partner or.....

....my newly rediscovered SPERRY TOPSIDER BOATSHOES!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment